In Marketing Ops, Best Practices Don’t Stay “Best” For Long
A best practice is only “best” until something better comes along–and as the pace of business increases, new best practices and approaches are appearing all the time. Certainly, you want you and your team to learn as much as they can about what really works and what doesn’t…before they reinvent the wheel or repeat costly mistakes.
But Who Really Has The Time to Keep Up?
- …to conduct in-depth research on all the various issues and problems that might come up?
- …to click on tons of search engine results to find a few tips that might actually help?
- …to wade through academic research to identify the handful of tactics that could be relevant?
- …to interact with other experts to hear the dirty truth about making strategies work?
- …to get others to share the lessons learned that they keep close to their vest?
Well…That’s Our Business…Our Team Does The Research So You Don’t Have To
It’s our business to explore issues and problems that teams will inevitably have to deal with as they work to build and optimize their marketing operation. It’s our business to stay on top of new developments and innovations in running an effective marketing operation. And it’s our business to get beyond the academic theories and find out what really works…and what doesn’t.
- Our research team gathers proven practices and lessons-learned from practitioners and industry experts all over the globe–through telephone interviews, email exchanges, questionnaires, surveys, and curated content. We pull together the real-world experiences and practical know-how of people who are working in the trenches, dealing with these critical issues on a daily basis, and being held accountable for the success or failure of their decisions.
- Then, we distill the information down to the essentials leaving out the fluff and filler to synthesize the most useful information. We identify the shared themes and practices across various industries. We determine the common problems and pitfalls to be avoided along the way. And we assess every concept, practice, and technique for relevance and practicality in a real business environment.
- Finally, we publish these concise nuggets of wisdom and insight to the ever-expanding library of hundreds of tutorials, express guides, case studies, research reports, worksheets, tools, and diagnostics in the MarketingOps Journal—all accessible online, 24×7, from any computer or mobile device.
Our On-Demand Library Is Full Of Research On Critical Topics
- Does your team need to learn more about marketing analysis?
On that topic alone, the Journal’s library contains 43 step-by-step tutorials, express guides, worksheets and case studies that can broaden their knowledge and expose new insights from your data.
- How about improving lead generation or targeting?
These are constant challenges for marketing teams, right? Well, there are 30+ on-demand educational resources in the library that address each of those specific issues.
- What about brushing up on the fundamentals?
The library contains dozens of primers, guides, and tutorials covering the basics of building marketing strategies, developing effective content, sales enablement, pricing tactics, software tools and much more.
And what if you’re not sure where the real problems may be, or where your best opportunities for improvement may lie? In the library, you’ll find a number of self-assessments and worksheets to help you zero-in on the right areas.
Here's a sampling of the resources you'll find in the library:
17 Insights That Improve Close-Rates & Margins
Seven Building Blocks of Sales Effectiveness
How Customers Evaluate a Price
Identifying Your Value Along Five Dimensions
Recognizing Seven Deadly Targeting Mistakes
Avoiding Five Margin-Killing MarCom Mistakes
The Ugly Truth About Follow-Up on New Leads
The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
Innovating to Maximize Sales Productivity
Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
The Ugly Truth About Lead Generation ROI
How to Craft Effective Strategic Value Messages
How to Deal with Other Internal Departments
How to Think Like a Masterful Salesperson
Stop Guessing About What Your Prospects Value
Targeting Your Most Profitable Prospects
How to Stop Losing Sales to "No Decision"
Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis
Closing the Gap on Growing Existing Customers
Myth Vs. Reality in Pricing Technology
How to Prevent Customer Defection
Why Companies Win and Lose Strategic Sales
New Benchmarks for Pricing Excellence in B2B
13 Unique Price Segmentation Attributes
Why Strategic Accounts Defect to Competitors
Comprehensive B2B Marketing Self-Assessment
Five Signs You're Missing Sales Opportunities
The Marketing Research Interview Guide
The Triangulated Competitive Audit Guide
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
The Marketing Research Analysis Guide
Three Types of Buyers That Don't Buy on Price
The Multiple Dimensions of Value Chart
How valuable is it to have a whole library of tutorials, express guides, case studies, research reports, assessments, tools, and diagnostics—all foused on marketing operations, curated by our experts and distilled to the essentials—just a click away when your team needs to solve a problem or address an issue?
Of course, it’s hard to say for sure. But we’re extremely confident that the Resource Library alone is worth at least ten times your investment in a MarketingOps Journal subscription for you and your team.
After all, it’s pretty easy to see how just one effective strategy gleaned from a tutorial…or one proven tactic picked up from an express guide…or a single big mistake avoided by reading a case study…could make or save your company tens of thousands of dollars and likely a whole lot more.
For an annual price of just $499 for the first user and $125 for each additional user on your team, everyone gets access to this content-rich and ever-growing library. Not only that, but everyone gets access to all of the other features as well, including our popular webinar series, expert interviews, as well as our Help Desk.
Journal Subscribers Get Access to These Other Features Too…
Learn from Other Practitioners Who've "Been There and Done That" Through Our Expert Interview Series
Subscribers can hear hours of in-depth interviews we've conducted (with new ones each month). Hear war stories from others in the marketing ops trenches. Learn about emerging best practices, the latest trends, as well as what’s worked well (and what's failed miserably).
Dozens of "No Pitch" Training Webinars and Workshops Covering Crucial Marketing Ops Topics
Subscribers get access to our entire online archive of recorded training webinars--each one is a full 60+ minutes of 100% educational content. Plus, every few weeks we hold a new subscriber-only webinar that your team members can attend and participate in live.
Help Desk Service
Ask Our Team of Analysts for Advice, Insights, and Perspectives on Your Specific Marketing Challenges
Subscribers can use our Help Desk Service to tap into our team of analysts and researchers to get unbiased advice and unvarnished perspectives on specific issues and challenges you're facing with your marketing operation---privately and confidentially, of course.
The Journal Covers The Spectrum Of Marketing Ops Topics
- Marketing Analysis & Measurement
- Campaign Optimization
- Lead Generation & Cultivation
- Differentiating From Competitors
- Marketing Strategy & Positioning
- Improving Forecasts & Profitability
- Pricing Strategies & Tactics
- Sales Enablement & Effectiveness
- Marketing Technology & Tools
- Message & Content Development
- Adoption & Change Management
- Team Structure & Career Development
Subscribe & Get Immediate AccessTeams big or small, we have a subscription plan that fits
Frequently asked questions
Is everything really included with the subscription?
Yes. Everything is included with your subscription—the training webinars, the expert interviews, the tutorials, guides, and tools, as well as our unique Marketing Ops Help Desk service. And, of course, you'll get access to all of the new resources that are being added on a regular basis.
Do you offer a month-to-month subscription?
Can I share my log in and account with others?
Can we add more users later?
What happens after I subscribe?
Can I purchase a subscription for someone else on my team?
If you're just handling the purchase but won't be accessing the subscription itself, just complete the subscription order and send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We'll setup your account to only manage billing and send you a link so that the other user (or users) can create their login for access.