The Ugly Truth About Follow-Up on New Leads
Why 70% of Leads Are Not Being Followed-Up by Sales...and What You Can Do About It
Most of the leads your team generates are going into a black hole! And while it would be easy to place blame and point fingers, neither marketing nor sales executives are really at fault. In this guide by prospect development expert Dan McDade, you will learn about:
- The structural and organization factors that contribute to poor follow-up on lead generation.
- The statistics and research around what really happens with the leads being passed to sales.
- Three real-world scenarios where significant opportunities slipped through companies' fingers.
- A five-step program for closing the gaps, providing proper oversight, and ensuring accountability.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Seizing the Pricing Opportunity Before Someone Else Does
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
Seven Signs Your Sales Strategy Stinks
How can you tell if your sales strategy is really going to be effective? This diagnostic provides a straightforward self-assessment to help you evaluate the quality of your sales strategy.View This Diagnostic
The Price Segmentation Self-Assessment
Simply answer the questions in this self-assessment (objectively) to gauge the likely quality, accuracy, and efficacy of your price segmentation model. You can assess overall quality, as well as pinpoint specific opportunities for improvement.View This Tool
How to Deal with Other Internal Departments
As a B2B marketer, there is a limit to how much you can accomplish on your own. This tutorial shows you how to leverage your marketing skills in a different way to influence and motivate the other departments that can have an impact on your efforts.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges