The Ugly Truth About Follow-Up on New Leads
Why 70% of Leads Are Not Being Followed-Up by Sales...and What You Can Do About It
Most of the leads your team generates are going into a black hole! And while it would be easy to place blame and point fingers, neither marketing nor sales executives are really at fault. In this guide by prospect development expert Dan McDade, you will learn about:
- The structural and organization factors that contribute to poor follow-up on lead generation.
- The statistics and research around what really happens with the leads being passed to sales.
- Three real-world scenarios where significant opportunities slipped through companies' fingers.
- A five-step program for closing the gaps, providing proper oversight, and ensuring accountability.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Creating More Powerful Sales Proposals
Delivering a proposal is often the final "yes/no" step that every other sales and marketing activity is leading up to. We spoke with Reuben Swartz about how to create sales proposals that win more business at higher margins.View This Interview
Digging for Gold by Analyzing Wins and Losses
How many companies really understand why they lose deals...or why they win? In this expert interview, Rick Reynolds of AskForensics discusses lessons learned from win/loss analysis of nearly $12 billion worth of business.View This Interview
How to Retain Your Key Customers
When you lose business from existing accounts, the sales team must acquire even more new business to compensate. In this on-demand training session, learn about seven innovative strategies leading sales operations are using to minimize revenue attrition and customer defection.View This Webinar
Seizing the Pricing Opportunity Before Someone Else Does
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges