Recognizing Seven Deadly Targeting Mistakes
Learn About the Most Common and Costly Prospect Targeting Mistakes...So You Can Avoid Them
It is often very helpful to understand the mistakes that others have made with prospect targeting. After all, when you know what the mistakes and problems look like, you can make the necessary course corrections to avoid making them yourself. In this guide, you will learn about:
- Why it's so futile to target the "ideal customer" and how it severely limits your potential in the marketplace.
- How market descriptions and models developed by industry analysts and research firms can lead you astray.
- Why trying to "hedge your bets" by targeting multiple segments will ultimately cause you to lose the game.
- How the most obvious prospect targeting decisions can get you involved in battles you can't afford to win.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Why Companies Win and Lose Strategic Sales
What can analysis of over $6 billion worth of deals teach you about why companies win and lose sales? And what does the research say about the actions that can help you win more and lose less?View This Research
Rethinking How You Manage Your Marketing Assets
Managing thousands of marketing assets can quickly become an unmanageable marketing headache. But it doesn't have to be. In this guide, learn about protecting your brand and increasing effectiveness with digital asset management.View This Guide
Closing the Gap on Growing Existing Customers
A MindBrew research briefing that exposes and explores a mission-critical capability that most B2B sales operations are admittedly lacking.View This Research
Avoiding the Pitfalls of Price Segmentation
In this expert interview, Barrett Thompson provides insight into the common problems and pitfalls to avoid when developing price segmentation models in B2B environments.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges