Recognizing Seven Deadly Targeting Mistakes
Learn About the Most Common and Costly Prospect Targeting Mistakes...So You Can Avoid Them
It is often very helpful to understand the mistakes that others have made with prospect targeting. After all, when you know what the mistakes and problems look like, you can make the necessary course corrections to avoid making them yourself. In this guide, you will learn about:
- Why it's so futile to target the "ideal customer" and how it severely limits your potential in the marketplace.
- How market descriptions and models developed by industry analysts and research firms can lead you astray.
- Why trying to "hedge your bets" by targeting multiple segments will ultimately cause you to lose the game.
- How the most obvious prospect targeting decisions can get you involved in battles you can't afford to win.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
17 Insights That Improve Close-Rates & Margins
The more your team knows about how your prospects perceive the marketplace, the better the chances are for success. This guide provides the key prospect insights that can improve close-rates, margins, and long-term customer values.View This Guide
Innovating to Maximize Sales Productivity
In this case study, learn how a leading B2B sales organization increased their capacity, productivity and effectiveness… all at the same time.View This Case Study
How to Think Like a Masterful Salesperson
In this tutorial, learn about creating more effective marketing programs and materials by answering the seven questions that all great salespeople intuitively ask and answer, as a matter of course.View This Tutorial
The Myths of Marketing Automation Exposed
Amid all the hype and clamor to get on the marketing automation bandwagon, are marketers really getting the truth about what these systems can...and can't...do? In this on-demand webinar, we explore the common myths and misconceptions that can hurt your performance.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges