Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis
How to Use Competitive Analysis to Identify Actionable Opportunities to Gain Strategic Advantage
Through a deeper understanding of your competitors, you can gain strategic advantage, expose competitive gaps, provide differentiation beyond price, and reduce competitive pressures. In this step-by-step tutorial, you'll learn about:
- A powerful approach to competitive analysis that goes well-beyond simple benchmarking.
- The “Triangulated Audit” for uncovering competitors’ priorities, resources, and performance.
- The 20 most important analysis questions for generating truly actionable, strategic insights.
- Identifying, documenting, and exploiting strategic competitive “gaps” to create advantages.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Make Insight-Based Selling Actually Work
Leveraging customer and industry insights in the selling process is a hot topic these days. In this recorded and transcribed interview, John Thackston reveals what it really takes to turn insight-based selling into an operational capability.View This Interview
Arming Sales to Protect Value
The balance of power in quoting and negotiations has clearly shifted in the buyers’ favor. In this report, we highlight seven approaches B2B companies are using right now to help their salespeople protect value and margins against today's savvy business buyers.View This Research
Suffering from a Costly Case of Sticker Shock
In B2B environments where discounting is habitual, it's easy to think that your list prices don't really matter all that much. But before you conclude that list prices are inconsequential in your business, consider this case of a B2B reseller who just couldn't see what they were missing.View This Case Study
Maximizing the Effectiveness of Sales Training
Research shows that most sales training programs just don't "stick" over the long term. In this on-demand training session, we explore proven strategies and critical steps for developing effective sales training programs that have "stickiness" built-in from the very beginning.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges