Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis
How to Use Competitive Analysis to Identify Actionable Opportunities to Gain Strategic Advantage
Through a deeper understanding of your competitors, you can gain strategic advantage, expose competitive gaps, provide differentiation beyond price, and reduce competitive pressures. In this step-by-step tutorial, you'll learn about:
- A powerful approach to competitive analysis that goes well-beyond simple benchmarking.
- The “Triangulated Audit” for uncovering competitors’ priorities, resources, and performance.
- The 20 most important analysis questions for generating truly actionable, strategic insights.
- Identifying, documenting, and exploiting strategic competitive “gaps” to create advantages.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Making Organizational Change Happen
How do you get an organization to move away from the status quo and actually embrace doing things differently? How do you foster true adoption, as opposed to merely forced compliance? Given the organizational dynamics involved, effective change management requires a more strategic approach.View This Webinar
Leading Edge Account & Territory Planning
Sales planning is often perceived as not much more than tactical busywork. In this on-demand training session, you'll learn how innovative sales operations are taking a radically different approach to identify untapped growth opportunities and develop prescriptive account and territory plans.View This Webinar
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand training seminar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
The Marketing Research Interview Guide
Categories and sample questions for developing effective marketing research interview guides. A robust and well-rounded interview guide can be constructed by just developing one question in each category.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges