How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
Learn How One Company's Lack of Strategic Pricing Capability Reduced the Value of an Entire Market by Over $1 Billion
Is cost-plus really just a weak approach where stronger approaches are available? Or can it be much more insidious and destructive than that? For one large manufacturer, cost-plus pricing was tantamount to malpractice. In this case study, you will learn:
- Why product and manufacturing innovations so often fail to improve financial performance and competitive position.
- How simplistic cost-based pricing approaches can spark pricing wars, destroy market value, and incite competitors.
- How absurd pricing decisions can be rationalized as "sound pricing strategy" in the interest of gaining market share.
- How one company reduced the value of an entire market by over $1 billion...and gained nothing for their efforts.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Identify & Target Your Best Prospects
Every year, B2B sales and marketing teams waste millions of dollars and thousands of hours desperately chasing the wrong business. In this on-demand webinar, learn about two methods for making targeting decisions that can improve every aspect of your performance, all at once!View This Webinar
Predicting the Future of B2B Marketing
What if you could talk to the top thought leaders in B2B marketing and get their predictions about where B2B marketing is headed in the future? Paul Salvaggio of Backbone Media did just that. And in this expert interview, Paul reveals what he learned.View This Interview
How to Think Like a Masterful Salesperson
In this tutorial, learn about creating more effective marketing programs and materials by answering the seven questions that all great salespeople intuitively ask and answer, as a matter of course.View This Tutorial
How to Retain Your Key Customers
When you lose business from existing accounts, the sales team must acquire even more new business to compensate. In this on-demand training session, learn about seven innovative strategies leading sales operations are using to minimize revenue attrition and customer defection.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges