How to Fight a Price War
Survival Strategies for the Profit-Killing Battles That No One Really Wins
It's generally recognized that no one actually "wins" a price war. As everyone's profits take a massive hit, it's a Pyrrhic victory at best---even for the low-cost producer. And while buyers may benefit in the short term, over the long haul, destructive price wars aren't in their best interests, either. But in B2B, price wars certainly aren't "declared" and they rarely happen all at once. In fact, you could be engaging in the seemingly insignificant skirmishes that can lead to an all-out war right now...and not even know it. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- How a price war takes shape in B2B environments---where they start, how they escalate, and why they're so difficult to recognize.
- Five insights and perspectives on price competition that help you recognize when you're fighting a "mirage" or a battle that really isn't.
- The seven proactive steps pricing leaders must take to prevent a war wherever possible, while also preparing to defend against attacks.
- Strategies and tactics for handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Competitive Kill Sheet Development Workbook
To help you gather and distill the essential information to create effective competitive kill sheets, answer the questions in these worksheets with as much detail as possible. An example of a fictitious competitive kill sheet is provided at the end of the workbook.View This Tool
Five Signs You're Missing Sales Opportunities
Many B2B companies are leaving a full two-thirds of their prospective sales opportunities on the table. Use this self-assessment by Dan McDade to figure-out if you're really getting everything you should.View This Diagnostic
Anatomy of a Competition-Crushing Sales Strategy
The better your sales strategy, the easier it is for your sales team to achieve their objectives. But sales strategy is often misunderstood. In this on-demand training session, learn how leading sales operations are improving their sales strategies to win more business, while actually competing less.View This Webinar
Preventing Bad Deals Before They Happen
After-the-fact corrective actions will do little to prevent the bad deals from happening again. Stop treating the symptoms. This diagnostic shows how to identify and correct the underlying root-causes of problems and issues.View This Diagnostic
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges