How to Fight a Price War
Survival Strategies for the Profit-Killing Battles That No One Really Wins
It's generally recognized that no one actually "wins" a price war. As everyone's profits take a massive hit, it's a Pyrrhic victory at best---even for the low-cost producer. And while buyers may benefit in the short term, over the long haul, destructive price wars aren't in their best interests, either. But in B2B, price wars certainly aren't "declared" and they rarely happen all at once. In fact, you could be engaging in the seemingly insignificant skirmishes that can lead to an all-out war right now...and not even know it. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- How a price war takes shape in B2B environments---where they start, how they escalate, and why they're so difficult to recognize.
- Five insights and perspectives on price competition that help you recognize when you're fighting a "mirage" or a battle that really isn't.
- The seven proactive steps pricing leaders must take to prevent a war wherever possible, while also preparing to defend against attacks.
- Strategies and tactics for handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Using Analytics to Drive Strategic Marketing Decisions
In this guide, you'll learn how to look at sales and marketing performance in a different way, use analytics to answer much more powerful questions; and identify your company's real strategic "sweet spot" in the marketplace.View This Guide
Manage Your Customer Mix to Improve Profits
A video guide that demonstrates how to improve gross margin production without changing your prices or lowering your costsView This Guide
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
It’s important to realize that every sale is the result of a process. This diagnostic examines how to improve sales results by identifying root causes and areas for improvement in your sales processes.View This Diagnostic
How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
Strict enforcement of pricing policies can seem like a great idea. But this comical case study sheds some light on the perils of enforcing policies that are lacking (and somewhat ridiculous).View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges