Manage Your Customer Mix to Improve Profits
How to Improve Gross Margin Production Without Changing Your Prices or Lowering Your Costs
To improve profit performance, most people naturally assume that you have to raise your prices or lower your costs. But your prices and costs are not the only variables in the equation. In fact, they may not be the most powerful. In this video guide, you'll learn about:
- How and why your customer mix may have even more influence on profits than your pricing.
- Why certain customers are inherently more profitable than others and how to identify them.
- How one company managed their customer mix to improve revenues, profits, and retention.
- A straightforward approach you can use to begin proactively managing your mix with less risk.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand training seminar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
Preventing Bad Deals Before They Happen
After-the-fact corrective actions will do little to prevent the bad deals from happening again. Stop treating the symptoms. This diagnostic shows how to identify and correct the underlying root-causes of problems and issues.View This Diagnostic
Seizing the Pricing Opportunity Before Someone Else Does
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
Anatomy of a Competition-Crushing Sales Strategy
The better your sales strategy, the easier it is for your sales team to achieve their objectives. But sales strategy is often misunderstood. In this on-demand training session, learn how leading sales operations are improving their sales strategies to win more business, while actually competing less.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges