How to Think Like a Masterful Salesperson
Create More Effective Marketing Programs by Answering the Questions Great Salespeople Ask
Marketing by thinking like a salesperson is a little counterintuitive—after all, sales and marketing are very different disciplines. But smart marketers understand that salespeople have customer insights that could help us craft more powerful marketing programs. In this tutorial, you'll learn about:
- Three ways great salespeople identify and prioritize prospective deals with more potential.
- Four ways master salespeople align their messaging strategies to prospects needs and timing.
- Six steps for transferring your sales knowledge into your marketing efforts and programs.
- Four shortcuts you can leverage to increase your ability to think like a master salesperson.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Stop Guessing About What Your Prospects Value
Scratch the surface of many value-based initiatives today and you’ll find a whole lot of guesswork. In this tutorial, learn the two step process for making your value-based efforts more accurate and effective.View This Tutorial
Three Types of Buyers That Don't Buy on Price
Research says that 60-70% of buyers aren't price buyers---lower your price for them and you just give margin away. Learn how to identify the types of buyers where additional discounts won't help you win the business.View This Diagnostic
The Benefits of Measurement and Accountability
Robin Caputo, CMO of Datavail, discusses what her team has been doing to fuel profitable growth. Along the way, you'll hear Robin's unique philosophy on marketing results and measurement---it's a mindset that more B2B marketers should adopt, if they hope to survive and thrive.View This Interview
The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment can sometimes do more harm than good. These real-world case studies expose the costly downsides of alignment and reveal the mindset that's often more effective to adopt.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges