Targeting Your Most Profitable Prospects
A Strategic Process for Increasing Your Odds of Success by Understanding Who to Target...and Who to Avoid
Prospect targeting is about embracing the fact that you can’t be all things to all people. If you are going to succeed in a big way, you have to focus your energies and resources. But which prospects do you target? And which prospects do you avoid? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- The three-part formula for establishing realistic boundaries around what you consider to really be “your market.”
- 15 questions about the prospects in your market that can help you identify the various segments that actually exist.
- 26 quantitative and qualitative criteria for evaluating and scoring all of the different segments you've identified.
- The two-part process for identifying the best (and worst) targets for your company's unique set of competencies.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Deal with Other Internal Departments
As a B2B marketer, there is a limit to how much you can accomplish on your own. This tutorial shows you how to leverage your marketing skills in a different way to influence and motivate the other departments that can have an impact on your efforts.View This Tutorial
The Ugly Truth About Lead Generation ROI
Very often in business, the truth behind problems runs counter to what the people in charge actually believe. This entertaining case study reveals the true root-causes behind one company's "failing" lead generation programs.View This Case Study
Anatomy of a Competition-Crushing Sales Strategy
The better your sales strategy, the easier it is for your sales team to achieve their objectives. But sales strategy is often misunderstood. In this on-demand training session, learn how leading sales operations are improving their sales strategies to win more business, while actually competing less.View This Webinar
The Price Segmentation Self-Assessment
Simply answer the questions in this self-assessment (objectively) to gauge the likely quality, accuracy, and efficacy of your price segmentation model. You can assess overall quality, as well as pinpoint specific opportunities for improvement.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges