Targeting Your Most Profitable Prospects
A Strategic Process for Increasing Your Odds of Success by Understanding Who to Target...and Who to Avoid
Prospect targeting is about embracing the fact that you can’t be all things to all people. If you are going to succeed in a big way, you have to focus your energies and resources. But which prospects do you target? And which prospects do you avoid? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- The three-part formula for establishing realistic boundaries around what you consider to really be “your market.”
- 15 questions about the prospects in your market that can help you identify the various segments that actually exist.
- 26 quantitative and qualitative criteria for evaluating and scoring all of the different segments you've identified.
- The two-part process for identifying the best (and worst) targets for your company's unique set of competencies.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Stop Guessing About What Your Prospects Value
Scratch the surface of many value-based initiatives today and you’ll find a whole lot of guesswork. In this tutorial, learn the two step process for making your value-based efforts more accurate and effective.View This Tutorial
Exposing Your Differential Value Step-by-Step
We’ve cut through the apparent complexity to provide a simplified, step-by-step tutorial for understanding and exposing the differential value of your products and offerings.View This Tutorial
How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
Strict enforcement of pricing policies can seem like a great idea. But this comical case study sheds some light on the perils of enforcing policies that are lacking (and somewhat ridiculous).View This Case Study
Exposing the Power of Price Elasticity in B2B
Price elasticity is incredibly underutilized and often misunderstood. Barrett Thompson explains the nature of price elasticity in B2B and how you can use it to set better prices with far less risk.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges