Lifecyle Pricing in B2B
Strategies and Tactics for More Effective Pricing from Product Introduction through End-of-Life
Demand changes throughout the life of every product and you can tap into impressive profits as your product progresses through the various stages of the lifecycle---from development and introduction through maturity and EOL. In this on-demand training seminar, you will learn about:
- The six major stages of the product lifecycle and the market dynamics that often conspire over time.
- The pricing strategies that are commonly employed at different stages and why they are problematic.
- The four things that leading companies are doing differently to mitigate the challenges.
- How to be proactive about price management in the most important stage of the product lifecycle.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Stop Guessing About What Your Prospects Value
Scratch the surface of many value-based initiatives today and you’ll find a whole lot of guesswork. In this tutorial, learn the two step process for making your value-based efforts more accurate and effective.View This Tutorial
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
It’s important to realize that every sale is the result of a process. This diagnostic examines how to improve sales results by identifying root causes and areas for improvement in your sales processes.View This Diagnostic
Suffering from a Costly Case of Sticker Shock
In B2B environments where discounting is habitual, it's easy to think that your list prices don't really matter all that much. But before you conclude that list prices are inconsequential in your business, consider this case of a B2B reseller who just couldn't see what they were missing.View This Case Study
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand training seminar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges