Exploring Four Different Types of Buyers
An Informative Interview with Nelson Hyde About How to Identify and Deal With Different Buyers
In the midst of a negotiation, it's all-too-easy to succumb to the fear of losing the deal. In order to win without giving up too much, it's important to understand who---exactly---you're dealing with. In this expert interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors, you will learn about:
- The four different types of buyers that you are likely to encounter in the marketplace....or that you're dealing with today.
- The tell-tale signs that each buyer will exhibit that can help you understand who is really sitting on the other side of the table.
- What's actually important to each type of buyer...no matter what they say...and why they're incented to pretend otherwise.
- How to determine when you should walk---or maybe run---away from those so-called "opportunities" that present themselves.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How Customers Evaluate a Price
We'd like to think that customers are always rational when they consider the price on a deal...but they aren't. In this guide, Mark Dresdner exposes eight factors that play an important role when a potential customer evaluates a price.View This Guide
Driving Sales Effectiveness with Strategic CRM
Are you really getting everything you should from your CRM system? Do you even know what's possible? In this four-part training session replay, learn what leading sales operations are doing differently to drive significant sales results, with far less resistance from the field.View This Webinar
Digging for Gold by Analyzing Wins and Losses
How many companies really understand why they lose deals...or why they win? In this expert interview, Rick Reynolds of AskForensics discusses lessons learned from win/loss analysis of nearly $12 billion worth of business.View This Interview
New Benchmarks for Pricing Excellence in B2B
In our research, we’ve identified ten areas where “best practices” have been redefined; setting new benchmarks for pricing excellence in B2B. Use this self-assessment to see how your capabilities measure up.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges