Exploring Four Different Types of Buyers
An Informative Interview with Nelson Hyde About How to Identify and Deal With Different Buyers
In the midst of a negotiation, it's all-too-easy to succumb to the fear of losing the deal. In order to win without giving up too much, it's important to understand who---exactly---you're dealing with. In this expert interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors, you will learn about:
- The four different types of buyers that you are likely to encounter in the marketplace....or that you're dealing with today.
- The tell-tale signs that each buyer will exhibit that can help you understand who is really sitting on the other side of the table.
- What's actually important to each type of buyer...no matter what they say...and why they're incented to pretend otherwise.
- How to determine when you should walk---or maybe run---away from those so-called "opportunities" that present themselves.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Why Strategic Accounts Defect to Competitors
Learn what research conducted by AskForensics reveals about the real reasons companies fail to retain strategic accounts and what they can do about it.View This Research
How to Improve Your Close Rates
Trial and error with something as important as your close rates is risky. So, how do know which strategies and tactics you should be using to improve? In this on-demand training webinar, learn effective strategies and tactics for improving your sales team's ability to win---at scale and with less risk.View This Webinar
How to Retain Your Key Customers
When you lose business from existing accounts, the sales team must acquire even more new business to compensate. In this on-demand training session, learn about seven innovative strategies leading sales operations are using to minimize revenue attrition and customer defection.View This Webinar
The Marketing Research Interview Guide
Categories and sample questions for developing effective marketing research interview guides. A robust and well-rounded interview guide can be constructed by just developing one question in each category.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges