How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
Exposing the Problems with Various Compensation Schemes and Exploring Potential Solutions
While no variable compensation approach is ever going to be perfect, if you're aware of the potential ramifications and problems, you stand a much better chance of crafting a structure that minimizes the unintended consequences. In this guide, you will learn about:
- The most straightforward sales compensation strategy...that also happens to be the most costly and damaging.
- The intuitive compensation "solution" that really doesn't address the heart of the problem to the degree people think.
- The biggest mistake that far too many companies are still making with their sales compensation programs.
- Four different sales compensation strategies and approaches that are being leveraged by leading companies.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Revenue Marketing Center of Excellence
With revenue marketing gaining popularity, many are wondering what kinds of organizational structures will best support the transformation. In this interview, Debbie Qaqish of the Pedowitz Group explains why the Center of Excellence model makes so much sense for revenue marketing.View This Interview
Delivering Answers to the Point of Sale
Our latest research has shown that more data and tools for the field won't improve results. This tutorial reveals a more effective approach for getting salespeople to use data and analytics to make better decisions.View This Tutorial
Creating More Powerful Sales Proposals
Delivering a proposal is often the final "yes/no" step that every other sales and marketing activity is leading up to. We spoke with Reuben Swartz about how to create sales proposals that win more business at higher margins.View This Interview
13 Unique Price Segmentation Attributes
When you identify meaningful segmentation attributes, you also uncover a source of competitive advantage. This research brief explores a variety of unique price segmentation attributes that companies in the PricingBrew Network have found to be important.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges