How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
Exposing the Problems with Various Compensation Schemes and Exploring Potential Solutions
While no variable compensation approach is ever going to be perfect, if you're aware of the potential ramifications and problems, you stand a much better chance of crafting a structure that minimizes the unintended consequences. In this guide, you will learn about:
- The most straightforward sales compensation strategy...that also happens to be the most costly and damaging.
- The intuitive compensation "solution" that really doesn't address the heart of the problem to the degree people think.
- The biggest mistake that far too many companies are still making with their sales compensation programs.
- Four different sales compensation strategies and approaches that are being leveraged by leading companies.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Keeping Your Customers After You've Acquired Them
In this informative interview, Rick Reynolds of AskForensics discusses the primary reasons customers defect, how to identify vulnerable or damaged accounts, and the steps you can take to turn things around.View This Interview
Leveraging Peer Pressure To Boost Your Margins
Fixing poor pricing and discounting practices can seem futile. And playing bad cop isn't much fun. This tutorial shows you how to build a "system of influence" that gets your salespeople to police their own pricing and discounting behaviors.View This Tutorial
Diagnosing Sales Problems
Failing to identify the true root causes of sales performance problems often leads to a frustrating game of Whack-A-Mole. In this on-demand training webinar, learn how to identify and correct the real root causes behind sales performance issues.View This Webinar
How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
For one large manufacturer, cost-plus pricing was tantamount to malpractice. In this case study, learn how the lack of strategic pricing capability reduced the value of an entire market by over $1 billion.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges