How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
Exposing the Problems with Various Compensation Schemes and Exploring Potential Solutions
While no variable compensation approach is ever going to be perfect, if you're aware of the potential ramifications and problems, you stand a much better chance of crafting a structure that minimizes the unintended consequences. In this guide, you will learn about:
- The most straightforward sales compensation strategy...that also happens to be the most costly and damaging.
- The intuitive compensation "solution" that really doesn't address the heart of the problem to the degree people think.
- The biggest mistake that far too many companies are still making with their sales compensation programs.
- Four different sales compensation strategies and approaches that are being leveraged by leading companies.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Strategies and Tactics for Boosting Your Close Rates
Most B2B companies would like to improve their close rates. On nearly every sales and marketing research study ever conducted, something to the effect of "improve our win rates" shows up as a top priority or objective. But what are they really doing to make it happen?View This Guide
Identifying Three Types of Customer Defection
In most B2B markets, your ability to stave-off defections and retain good customers is critical. This video guide explains how to identify the early signs of three costly types of customer defection and how to take action before it's too late.View This Guide
Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
In this case study, learn how one consultant got (very) creative in order to solve a pricing problem in an highly dysfunctional organization.View This Case Study
Navigating the Pricing Technology Landscape
Given the pace of change, it’s increasingly difficult to keep track of the various pricing technologies and what they’re best used for. In this recorded training seminar, we discuss the latest trends and developments and how different types of solutions compare.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges