How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
Exposing the Problems with Various Compensation Schemes and Exploring Potential Solutions
While no variable compensation approach is ever going to be perfect, if you're aware of the potential ramifications and problems, you stand a much better chance of crafting a structure that minimizes the unintended consequences. In this guide, you will learn about:
- The most straightforward sales compensation strategy...that also happens to be the most costly and damaging.
- The intuitive compensation "solution" that really doesn't address the heart of the problem to the degree people think.
- The biggest mistake that far too many companies are still making with their sales compensation programs.
- Four different sales compensation strategies and approaches that are being leveraged by leading companies.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Five Signs You're Missing Sales Opportunities
Many B2B companies are leaving a full two-thirds of their prospective sales opportunities on the table. Use this self-assessment by Dan McDade to figure-out if you're really getting everything you should.View This Diagnostic
Why Companies Win and Lose Strategic Sales
What can analysis of over $6 billion worth of deals teach you about why companies win and lose sales? And what does the research say about the actions that can help you win more and lose less?View This Research
How to Develop Real Competitive "Kill Sheets"
Competitive kill sheets are a great tool to help salespeople in the field. But most so-called kill sheets are nothing more than glorified competitive profiles. In this concise tutorial, learn how to develop real, strategic competitive kill sheets that highlight and reinforce the competitive differences that actually matter to prospects.View This Tutorial
Answering Three Questions to Enable Change
In this guide, learn a more effective approach for championing new solutions in B2B environments.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges