How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
A Cautionary Tale from the Real-World About the Perils of Enforcing Ridiculous Pricing Policies
To many, strict enforcement of pricing policies seems like a great idea. But when those policies are lacking, enforcement can be disastrous. In this hilarious case study, you'll learn about:
- Why an engineering degree does not automatically qualify someone as a pricing expert.
- Why basic pricing models that look good on paper are rarely effective in the marketplace.
- How and why discounting in the field can be a good thing when different segments exist.
- The many lessons that can be learned from someone else’s multi-million-dollar mistakes.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Closing the Gap on Growing Existing Customers
A MindBrew research briefing that exposes and explores a mission-critical capability that most B2B sales operations are admittedly lacking.View This Research
Arming Sales to Protect Value
The balance of power in quoting and negotiations has clearly shifted in the buyers’ favor. In this report, we highlight seven approaches B2B companies are using right now to help their salespeople protect value and margins against today's savvy business buyers.View This Research
The Fundamentals of Price Segmentation
In this recorded training seminar, we explain the concept of price segmentation and why it's such a powerful and important tool. We explore the essential process and even walk through a step-by-step exercise, building an example price segmentation model from scratch.View This Webinar
Pricing Services to Align with Customer Value
When you’re selling services or project work, it can be challenging to get customers to focus on the value being delivered or exchanged. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to improve revenue and margins when your offering is largely intangible.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges