The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Two Real-World Case Studies Exposing the Costly Downsides of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment is not all it's cracked-up to be. And those who pursue alignment as an objective unto itself are missing an opportunity at best, and at worst, doing harm to their businesses. In this dual case study, you will learn:
- How conflicting objectives, divergent strategies, and different tactical approaches can actually be healthy.
- Why having sales and marketing on the same page can be very damaging if the page is from the wrong book.
- How curtailing renegades in the interest of harmony could actually hurt your company's revenues and profits.
- Why sales and marketing alignment should be seen as a bi-product of something else, rather than the objective.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Revenue Marketing Center of Excellence
With revenue marketing gaining popularity, many are wondering what kinds of organizational structures will best support the transformation. In this interview, Debbie Qaqish of the Pedowitz Group explains why the Center of Excellence model makes so much sense for revenue marketing.View This Interview
Diagnosing Sales Problems
Failing to identify the true root causes of sales performance problems often leads to a frustrating game of Whack-A-Mole. In this on-demand training webinar, learn how to identify and correct the real root causes behind sales performance issues.View This Webinar
How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
No variable compensation approach is ever going to be perfect, but you stand a much better chance if you're aware of the potential hurdles. This guide exposes the problems with various compensation schemes and explores potential solutions.View This Guide
From Gathering Research to Generating Leads
What happens when a content marketing firm decides to actually practice what it preaches? They develop a repeatable marketing program that generates a whopping 250% more qualified leads! In this interview, Paul Salvaggio opens the kimono on this successful campaign.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges