The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Two Real-World Case Studies Exposing the Costly Downsides of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment is not all it's cracked-up to be. And those who pursue alignment as an objective unto itself are missing an opportunity at best, and at worst, doing harm to their businesses. In this dual case study, you will learn:
- How conflicting objectives, divergent strategies, and different tactical approaches can actually be healthy.
- Why having sales and marketing on the same page can be very damaging if the page is from the wrong book.
- How curtailing renegades in the interest of harmony could actually hurt your company's revenues and profits.
- Why sales and marketing alignment should be seen as a bi-product of something else, rather than the objective.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Five Signs You're Missing Sales Opportunities
Many B2B companies are leaving a full two-thirds of their prospective sales opportunities on the table. Use this self-assessment by Dan McDade to figure-out if you're really getting everything you should.View This Diagnostic
Fixing the Root-Causes Behind Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this interview with Paul Hunt, he exposes the real root-causes.View This Interview
How to Deliver Sales Training That Sticks
With the right approach, a sales training program can deliver lasting, profitable results. This step-by-step process guides you through designing effectiveness and stickiness into your sales training program right from the start.View This Tutorial
Masterful Marketing Operations
Marketing Ops is still evolving and there are no long-standing rules for how everything should work. But there's a lot to learn from teams with a track record of success. In this on-demand webinar, we explore the traits and mindsets of successful Marketing Ops groups.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges