The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Two Real-World Case Studies Exposing the Costly Downsides of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment is not all it's cracked-up to be. And those who pursue alignment as an objective unto itself are missing an opportunity at best, and at worst, doing harm to their businesses. In this dual case study, you will learn:
- How conflicting objectives, divergent strategies, and different tactical approaches can actually be healthy.
- Why having sales and marketing on the same page can be very damaging if the page is from the wrong book.
- How curtailing renegades in the interest of harmony could actually hurt your company's revenues and profits.
- Why sales and marketing alignment should be seen as a bi-product of something else, rather than the objective.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Step-by-Step Marketing Research
In this step-by-step tutorial, learn how to conduct marketing research---the only reliable way to gain the meaningful and actionable insights you need for effective strategic marketing.View This Tutorial
Attracting and Capturing Better Leads
Clearly, lead generation is a top priority for most B2B marketing teams. In this on-demand webinar, learn about a number of strategies and tactics for maximizing the quantity, quality, and value of your sales leads.View This Webinar
Arming Sales to Protect Value
The balance of power in quoting and negotiations has clearly shifted in the buyers’ favor. In this report, we highlight seven approaches B2B companies are using right now to help their salespeople protect value and margins against today's savvy business buyers.View This Research
The Marketing Research Interview Guide
Categories and sample questions for developing effective marketing research interview guides. A robust and well-rounded interview guide can be constructed by just developing one question in each category.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges