How to Retain Your Key Customers
Proven Strategies and Tactics for Keeping Your Most Valuable Customers Over the Long Haul
Whenever you lose business from existing accounts, the sales team is forced to acquire even more new business to compensate. But if you can minimize that attrition and defection, it certainly makes growth targets much easier to hit. In this on-demand training seminar, you'll learn about:
- Why customer churn is particularly important to B2B companies in defined and concentrated verticals.
- What the SellingBrew SalesPulse research survey had to say about the most popular retention strategies.
- How different types of defection and attrition occur and why they are so difficult for salespeople to spot.
- Seven innovative strategies that leading sales operations are using to improve their customer retention.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Maximizing the Effectiveness of Inside Sales
In recent years, inside sales has been changing dramatically and leading teams are now playing a much more strategic role. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn new strategies and tactics for boosting inside sales' performance and contribution.View This Webinar
New Benchmarks for Pricing Excellence in B2B
In our research, we’ve identified ten areas where “best practices” have been redefined; setting new benchmarks for pricing excellence in B2B. Use this self-assessment to see how your capabilities measure up.View This Research
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
It’s important to realize that every sale is the result of a process. This diagnostic examines how to improve sales results by identifying root causes and areas for improvement in your sales processes.View This Diagnostic
Avoiding Mistakes in Customer Profitability
For most B2B companies, it's important to maximize the value of every customer you get. But customer profitability management is full of land mines that need to be avoided.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges