Fixing the Root Causes Behind Rogue Salespeople
Paul Hunt, the President of Pricing Solutions, Exposes the Real Problems Behind Rampant Discounting in the Field
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. But out-of-control discounting and high numbers of exception requests are often just symptoms of other issues. In this expert interview with Paul Hunt of Pricing Solutions, you will learn:
- Why so many companies believe they have a problem with their sales force...and why they are so often wrong.
- The two big problems that are often at the heart of rampant discounting and high numbers of exception requests.
- How to position changes to the underlying pricing architecture so that salespeople can recognize personal benefits.
- How to diagnose the real problems and get management support and buy-in for the necessary corrective actions.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Answering Three Questions to Enable Change
In this guide, learn a more effective approach for championing new solutions in B2B environments.View This Guide
Avoiding the Pitfalls of Price Segmentation
In this expert interview, Barrett Thompson provides insight into the common problems and pitfalls to avoid when developing price segmentation models in B2B environments.View This Interview
17 Insights That Improve Close-Rates & Margins
The more your team knows about how your prospects perceive the marketplace, the better the chances are for success. This guide provides the key prospect insights that can improve close-rates, margins, and long-term customer values.View This Guide
Two Paths Toward Pricing Improvement
More B2B companies than ever before are taking steps to improve their pricing. But they aren't all going about it in the same ways...or achieving the same results. In this special report, we characterize the two primary paths that are being taken and expose the critical differences.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges