Fixing the Root Causes Behind Rogue Salespeople
Paul Hunt, the President of Pricing Solutions, Exposes the Real Problems Behind Rampant Discounting in the Field
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. But out-of-control discounting and high numbers of exception requests are often just symptoms of other issues. In this expert interview with Paul Hunt of Pricing Solutions, you will learn:
- Why so many companies believe they have a problem with their sales force...and why they are so often wrong.
- The two big problems that are often at the heart of rampant discounting and high numbers of exception requests.
- How to position changes to the underlying pricing architecture so that salespeople can recognize personal benefits.
- How to diagnose the real problems and get management support and buy-in for the necessary corrective actions.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Fundamentals of Effective Marketing Analysis
Effective marketing analysis has the potential to reveal significant opportunities to drive more profitable growth.In this on-demand training webinar, learn about the key analytical concepts and foundational elements that need to be in-place to ensure meaningful results.View This Webinar
Identifying Your Value Along Five Dimensions
You can't just hope prospects will pick-up on the compelling reasons to buy from you. In this guide, you'll learn the five dimensions of value that matter and over 50 potential value-drivers that can influence buying decisions.View This Guide
How Marketing Automation Is Changing Sales
In this interview with Debbie Qaqish, we explore why marketing automation is becoming so popular and what the long-term implications are.View This Interview
Pricing Services to Align with Customer Value
When you’re selling services or project work, it can be challenging to get customers to focus on the value being delivered or exchanged. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to improve revenue and margins when your offering is largely intangible.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges