Exposing the Power of Price Elasticity in B2B
Barrett Thompson Explains the Nature of Price Elasticity in B2B and How You Can Use It To Set Better Prices with Far Less Risk
Price elasticity has been a core aspect of consumer pricing for decades. But in business-to-business environments, this foundational pricing concept is not only incredibly underutilized, it's often misunderstood. In this conversation with Barrett Thompson, you will learn:
- The basic concept of price elasticity and how you can recognize that it's operating in your business right now.
- How price elasticity manifests differently in B2B and doesn't follow the traditional or textbook definitions.
- Why an understanding of price elasticity can significantly reduce the risks associated with price-setting in B2B.
- The basic process for measuring and calculating the price elasticities of the various segments in your business.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Maximizing the Effectiveness of Inside Sales
In recent years, inside sales has been changing dramatically and leading teams are now playing a much more strategic role. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn new strategies and tactics for boosting inside sales' performance and contribution.View This Webinar
Driving Sales Effectiveness with Strategic CRM
Are you really getting everything you should from your CRM system? Do you even know what's possible? In this four-part training session replay, learn what leading sales operations are doing differently to drive significant sales results, with far less resistance from the field.View This Webinar
Getting Serious About Sales Effectiveness
It's all too easy for marketing teams to get stuck into a sales enablement role--relegated to taking orders from the sales team. Learn what leading marketing teams are doing to break out and to strategically drive sales to become more effective.View This Webinar
Arming Sales to Protect Value
The balance of power in quoting and negotiations has clearly shifted in the buyers’ favor. In this report, we highlight seven approaches B2B companies are using right now to help their salespeople protect value and margins against today's savvy business buyers.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges