Digging for Gold by Analyzing Wins and Losses
Rick Reynolds of AskForensics Discusses Lessons Learned from Win/Loss Analysis of Nearly $12 Billion Worth of Deals
How many companies really understand why they lose deals? And how many really know why they win? Of course, everyone will have an opinion—losses are chalked-up to price, and wins are attributed to stellar salesmanship. But are those opinions accurate? In this expert interview, you'll learn about:
- The massive strategic and tactical benefits that can result from conducting more rigorous win/loss analysis.
- How getting prospects and customers to talk about their buying decisions may not be as difficult as you think.
- Why the common assumption that deals are lost due to price is often a red-herring that can lead teams astray.
- The real root-causes behind lost sales and what your sales teams should be doing differently to avoid them.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Manage Your Customer Mix to Improve Profits
A video guide that demonstrates how to improve gross margin production without changing your prices or lowering your costsView This Guide
How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
Strict enforcement of pricing policies can seem like a great idea. But this comical case study sheds some light on the perils of enforcing policies that are lacking (and somewhat ridiculous).View This Case Study
Beyond the Hype of Marketing Automation Tools
Marketing automation tools can be very powerful and beneficial. But are these toolsets really the answer to all of our lead generation woes? In this interview with Dan McDade, the author of The Truth About Leads, we cut through the hype surrounding marketing automation tools and discuss their proper role in lead generation.View This Interview
How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
For one large manufacturer, cost-plus pricing was tantamount to malpractice. In this case study, learn how the lack of strategic pricing capability reduced the value of an entire market by over $1 billion.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges