Digging for Gold by Analyzing Wins and Losses
Rick Reynolds of AskForensics Discusses Lessons Learned from Win/Loss Analysis of Nearly $12 Billion Worth of Deals
How many companies really understand why they lose deals? And how many really know why they win? Of course, everyone will have an opinion—losses are chalked-up to price, and wins are attributed to stellar salesmanship. But are those opinions accurate? In this expert interview, you'll learn about:
- The massive strategic and tactical benefits that can result from conducting more rigorous win/loss analysis.
- How getting prospects and customers to talk about their buying decisions may not be as difficult as you think.
- Why the common assumption that deals are lost due to price is often a red-herring that can lead teams astray.
- The real root-causes behind lost sales and what your sales teams should be doing differently to avoid them.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Strategies and Tactics for Boosting Your Close Rates
Most B2B companies would like to improve their close rates. On nearly every sales and marketing research study ever conducted, something to the effect of "improve our win rates" shows up as a top priority or objective. But what are they really doing to make it happen?View This Guide
The Competitor Assessment Scorecard
Use this scorecard to assess your competitors relative to each other and yourself on the various elements of the Triangulated Competitive Audit.View This Tool
Lowering the Cost of Customer Churn in B2B
It's not uncommon for 30-50% of a company's customer base to be in some stage of defection. We spoke with Javier Aldrete and learned the new approaches companies are using to recover the revenue they're losing to customer defection and churn.View This Interview
How to Optimize Your Sales Funnel
With so many different variables involved, improving sales performance across the board and at-scale can seem like a daunting task. But with a different perspective on your sales funnel, you can generate huge improvements much more easily and with far less risk.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges