How to Develop Prescriptive Account Plans
Seven Steps for Creating Account Development Plans Designed to Capture Specific Growth Opportunities
Developing effective, action-oriented account plans is not an easy thing to do. If it were easy, sales research studies wouldn't report that less than 30% of companies are actually doing it. In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- How to use your customers' historical purchasing patterns to gain an understanding of the elusive "overall wallet spend."
- How to identify and quantify the two different types of organic growth opportunities that exist across your entire customer base.
- How to prioritize the opportunities and develop prescriptive territory- and account-level plans focused on specific actions.
- How to close the loop on each element of the plan and gather intelligence that can be used to improve the process.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Fixing the Root-Causes Behind Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this interview with Paul Hunt, he exposes the real root-causes.View This Interview
The Pitfalls of Sales and Marketing Alignment
Sales and marketing alignment can sometimes do more harm than good. These real-world case studies expose the costly downsides of alignment and reveal the mindset that's often more effective to adopt.View This Case Study
Diagnosing Sales Problems
Failing to identify the true root causes of sales performance problems often leads to a frustrating game of Whack-A-Mole. In this on-demand training webinar, learn how to identify and correct the real root causes behind sales performance issues.View This Webinar
Exploring Four Different Buyer Personas
This interview with Nelson Hyde teaches you about four key buyer personas --- how to identify them and how to best deal with them.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges