How to Develop Prescriptive Account Plans
Seven Steps for Creating Account Development Plans Designed to Capture Specific Growth Opportunities
Developing effective, action-oriented account plans is not an easy thing to do. If it were easy, sales research studies wouldn't report that less than 30% of companies are actually doing it. In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- How to use your customers' historical purchasing patterns to gain an understanding of the elusive "overall wallet spend."
- How to identify and quantify the two different types of organic growth opportunities that exist across your entire customer base.
- How to prioritize the opportunities and develop prescriptive territory- and account-level plans focused on specific actions.
- How to close the loop on each element of the plan and gather intelligence that can be used to improve the process.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exploring Account-Based Marketing and Sales
While the promise of account-based marketing is certainly compelling, it's important to get beyond the hype and understand what ABM really is and what it can really do for you and your company.View This Webinar
The Marketing Research Analysis Guide
The Marketing Research Analysis Guide will help you interrogate your marketing research findings to gain strategic insights and identify opportunities for truly meaningful action.View This Tool
Closing the Gap on Growing Existing Customers
A MindBrew research briefing that exposes and explores a mission-critical capability that most B2B sales operations are admittedly lacking.View This Research
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand training seminar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges