Whether you have specific questions about optimizing your marketing operation—or just want to know which questions you should be asking—the library of questions in the Marketing Ops Journal makes it easy to find the answers and resources you need.
Here are just a few that subscribers get access to:
- Our whitepapers aren't generating very many leads. Any suggestions?
- Should it concern us that customers haven't ever considered the value-drivers we've identified?
- What's the difference between a "defined" and "undefined" market?
- Are marketing automation tools really all that? What can and can't they do, really?
- What are the main reasons sales training doesn't stick over time?
- What do close rates have to do with lead generation?
- Any tips for getting others in our company on-board with conducting more rigorous competitive analysis?
- Why is customer retention so much more important in B2B than in B2C?
- Should I share the results of our marketing research with the sales team?
- What can I do if I can’t really tell whether the customer is serious about needing the absolute lowest price?
This question is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Craft Effective Strategic Value Messages
How do you get prospects to recognize, understand, and believe the value of your offerings? This tutorial shows you how to get beyond the platitudes and develop compelling messages that highlight your differential value.View This Tutorial
Comprehensive B2B Marketing Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement, simply answer the questions in this straightforward assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible. While this comprehensive assessment covers 10 major areas and contains more than 130 questions, it should take you less than 30 minutes to complete.View This Tool
Leveraging Peer Pressure To Boost Your Margins
Fixing poor pricing and discounting practices can seem futile. And playing bad cop isn't much fun. This tutorial shows you how to build a "system of influence" that gets your salespeople to police their own pricing and discounting behaviors.View This Tutorial
The Ugly Truth About Lead Generation ROI
Very often in business, the truth behind problems runs counter to what the people in charge actually believe. This entertaining case study reveals the true root-causes behind one company's "failing" lead generation programs.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this question as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges