Using Analytics to Drive Strategic Marketing Decisions
How to Look at Marketing & Sales Data in a Different Way and Put Your Company on a More Strategic Path
Most often, data and analytics are only used to inform near-term, tactical decisions. But in the right hands, data analysis can answer some much bigger questions and serve a very different purpose---a much more strategic purpose. In this guide, you will learn about:
- How data analysis can help answer the big strategic questions that many companies struggle with.
- Why your marketing and sales data are the best sources for information and insight to improve a company’s overall strategy.
- The three performance characteristics that are the most telling and indicative of strategic advantage and potential.
- How to use analytics to identify your company's real strategic "sweet spot" within the overall marketplace.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding the Pitfalls of Price Segmentation
In this expert interview, Barrett Thompson provides insight into the common problems and pitfalls to avoid when developing price segmentation models in B2B environments.View This Interview
Comprehensive B2B Marketing Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement, simply answer the questions in this straightforward assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible. While this comprehensive assessment covers 10 major areas and contains more than 130 questions, it should take you less than 30 minutes to complete.View This Tool
Why Companies Win and Lose Strategic Sales
What can analysis of over $6 billion worth of deals teach you about why companies win and lose sales? And what does the research say about the actions that can help you win more and lose less?View This Research
The Revenue Marketing Center of Excellence
With revenue marketing gaining popularity, many are wondering what kinds of organizational structures will best support the transformation. In this interview, Debbie Qaqish of the Pedowitz Group explains why the Center of Excellence model makes so much sense for revenue marketing.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges