How to Price New Products
Exploring Core Strategies and Processes for Dealing with the Realities of New Product Pricing
It's safe to say that every pricing practitioner or pricing team will have to deal with new products at some point. But the reality of these situations is often far from ideal, or what would be considered to be "best practice". In this training session replay, you will learn about:
- Three fairly common "new product pricing" scenarios that pricing teams will likely encounter in their businesses.
- The core processes that can help overcome the common issues when dealing with products that are entirely new.
- Why you shouldn't take shortcuts when pricing products that are incremental improvements on existing products.
- How the nature of the problem changes with products that are designed to fulfill a strategic need in your portfolio.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Selling Value More Confidently in Seven Steps
Salespeople need to be confident in themselves and in the value of the offerings they’re representing. This tutorial helps you give your sales team the confidence they need to sell effectively while maximizing revenue and margin.View This Tutorial
The Competitor Assessment Scorecard
Use this scorecard to assess your competitors relative to each other and yourself on the various elements of the Triangulated Competitive Audit.View This Tool
Fixing the Root-Causes Behind Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this interview with Paul Hunt, he exposes the real root-causes.View This Interview
Pricing Services to Align with Customer Value
When you’re selling services or project work, it can be challenging to get customers to focus on the value being delivered or exchanged. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to improve revenue and margins when your offering is largely intangible.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges