Step-by-Step Marketing Research
How to Use Marketing Research to Better Understand Your Customers and Glean Strategic Insights
Because there is simply no way the people inside a company can intuitively know everything they need to know, conducting marketing research is the only reliable way to gain the meaningful and actionable insights you need for effective strategic marketing. In this step-by-step tutorial, you'll learn about:
- The potent “one-two punch” that even seasoned research professionals tend to overlook.
- The 20 most important research question categories for producing actionable insights.
- Conducting simple yet ultra-productive research interviews with prospects and customers.
- Preparing and executing effective research surveys to add quantitative rigor to your findings.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Arming Sales to Protect Value
The balance of power in quoting and negotiations has clearly shifted in the buyers’ favor. In this report, we highlight seven approaches B2B companies are using right now to help their salespeople protect value and margins against today's savvy business buyers.View This Research
Preventing Bad Deals Before They Happen
After-the-fact corrective actions will do little to prevent the bad deals from happening again. Stop treating the symptoms. This diagnostic shows how to identify and correct the underlying root-causes of problems and issues.View This Diagnostic
Taking Lessons from a Serial Revenue Marketer
Turning a marketing function into a revenue-generating machine is no small task. But it's something Liz McClellan has done more than once. In this expert interview, Liz speaks frankly about her latest marketing transformation.View This Interview
The Price Segmentation Self-Assessment
Simply answer the questions in this self-assessment (objectively) to gauge the likely quality, accuracy, and efficacy of your price segmentation model. You can assess overall quality, as well as pinpoint specific opportunities for improvement.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges