Step-by-Step Marketing Research
How to Use Marketing Research to Better Understand Your Customers and Glean Strategic Insights
Because there is simply no way the people inside a company can intuitively know everything they need to know, conducting marketing research is the only reliable way to gain the meaningful and actionable insights you need for effective strategic marketing. In this step-by-step tutorial, you'll learn about:
- The potent “one-two punch” that even seasoned research professionals tend to overlook.
- The 20 most important research question categories for producing actionable insights.
- Conducting simple yet ultra-productive research interviews with prospects and customers.
- Preparing and executing effective research surveys to add quantitative rigor to your findings.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Think Like a Masterful Salesperson
In this tutorial, learn about creating more effective marketing programs and materials by answering the seven questions that all great salespeople intuitively ask and answer, as a matter of course.View This Tutorial
Comprehensive B2B Marketing Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement, simply answer the questions in this straightforward assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible. While this comprehensive assessment covers 10 major areas and contains more than 130 questions, it should take you less than 30 minutes to complete.View This Tool
How to Stop Losing Sales to "No Decision"
For many companies, the biggest competitor they have to contend with is "no decision." In this tutorial, learn strategies and tactics for addressing the real root-causes behind prospect inaction.View This Tutorial
Targeting Your Most Profitable Prospects
In this tutorial, learn a six-step strategic process for increasing your odds of success in the marketplace by understanding which prospects you should target...and which ones you should avoid.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a Marketing Ops Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial Marketing Ops topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in Marketing Ops who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific Marketing Ops challenges